We chose to take responsibility
In FREJA, we attach importance to corporate social responsibility and it is an integrated part of the way, we run our business. This means that responsibility and orderliness are keywords in our business development and branding. Specifically this means that with a responsible business behavior FREJA has focus on the workplace as well as society in general and that we on a daily basis seek to reduce our environmental influences. FREJA values long-lasting and mutual relations with customers, suppliers and partners.
In FREJA, we have committed ourselves to secure sustainability, high business morals and ethics as well as full integrity. We make sure that we respect existing legislation at any time. FREJA has worked out a “Code of Conduct for Suppliers to FREJA”, which describes what FREJA considers to be correct business moral and ethics for all sub-suppliers handling transports for FREJA.
In order to further systematise and visualise our CSR efforts, we approved UN’s Global Compact in spring 2017. In May 2018 we have published our first development report, which will fulfil the Danish legal requirements on CSR-statement in the annual report.
The 10 principles of the United Nations Global Compact
- FREJA supports and respects internationally proclaimed human rights
- FREJA ensures that we are not complicit in human rights abuses
- FREJA upholds the freedom of association and recognizes effectively the right to collective bargaining
- FREJA supports the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- FREJA supports the efforts to abolish child labour
- FREJA eliminates discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- FREJA supports a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- FREJA undertakes initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- FREJA encourages the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- FREJA opposes to corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery
In our CSR-report you will see how we work in FREJA to live up to the goals and the responsibility which we have committed ourselves to. In the report, we describe ongoing projects and new initiatives that will help us fulfil the objective for next year. Furthermore, we present a number of key-figures, which partly shows status and partly shows development within environment and responsibility.
To put it shortly: we open the book to a number of areas, which have not previously been spoken about in public. We believe it will strengthen our image as a reliable and responsible partner.